New York, NY – April 5, 2016– Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, will celebrate Spring Educator Appreciation Days, April 9-17. Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and Barnes & Noble.com (www.BN.com) will offer pre-K-12 public, private and homeschool educators and administrators special discounts*, events, sweepstakes and giveaways during this time. Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Days occur several times during the year, recognizing educators and providing them with an opportunity to explore the company’s vast selection of products, learn about programs and events, as well as save with deeper discounts.
This April’s Educator Appreciation Days special discount offerings are:
- 25% off list price on most books, gifts, music, DVDs and toys & games for classroom and personal purchase;
- 10% off all NOOK® by Samsung tablets**;
- 10% off all Café consumables purchases; and
- 10% off select tech tools.
Plus, the first in a series of Maker activities at Barnes & Noble this year kicks off during Educator Appreciation Days, with two key product demonstrations that will inspire children in Kindergarten through Grade 8 to learn more about the foundational concepts of coding and programming.
- The littleBits STEAM Student Set engages a student’s natural love of play and curiosity through fun, invention-based learning using electronic building blocks. Perfectly suited for the classroom, it comes with a comprehensive Teacher’s Guide to make lesson planning engaging and easy. Barnes & Noble is the exclusive brick and mortar retailer carrying the product, and during Educator Appreciation Days educators can get a sneak peek with a special advanced preview by visiting their local store to learn more. The STEAM Student Set is age-graded 8+ and will be available for preorder at Barnes & Noble during Educator Appreciation Days and in Barnes & Noble stores for sale everyday starting mid-May.
- Educators Wonder Workshop, the toy robotics start-up on a mission to create a world for kids to bring their imagination to life through code, will also join Educator Appreciation Days. Educators will experience a product demonstration of Dash, an award-winning, real programmable robot that teaches kids ages 6 and up how to code.
"We know that the essential skills of creative thinking, collaboration and invention begin in the classroom, and that is why we are so committed to offering educators exclusive products along with demonstrations that will help inspire creativity, spark curiosity and encourage experimentation in their students. These in-store events kick off a series of Maker experiences at our stores nationwide leading up to our 2nd annual Mini Maker Faire in November,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President of Toys & Games at Barnes & Noble.
Also during Educator Appreciation Days at Barnes & Noble, educators can enter for a chance to win $4,000 worth of books from DK, the publisher of award-winning and bestselling designed and illustrated children’s books. There will be one winner nationwide, who will receive a number of books selected by DK based on the subject matter and the grade taught by the winner. Educators can visit any Barnes & Noble store and speak to a knowledgeable bookseller to find out how to enter this incredible sweepstakes.
DK will also be offering a limited quantity of special Coding Kits at Barnes & Noble stores nationwide during Educator Appreciation Days, including scratch cards, I’m a DK Coder stickers and a Coding Is a Hoot! poster, available while supplies last. Educators should check their local store for availability and to inquire about more giveaways and classroom materials provided by various publishers.
“We’re really thrilled with our lineup of events, activities and special offers during the Spring Educator Appreciation Days this year,” said Sarah DiFrancesco, Vice President of Business Development at Barnes & Noble. “No other retailer is as committed as Barnes & Noble to providing teachers and educators with the resources they need for the classroom, including one of the world’s largest selections of workbooks and study aids, and access to cutting-edge technology for the classroom. Our booksellers nationwide are excited to welcome educators in store to show them what’s new.”
Additional events for educators in stores across the country may focus on a variety of topics, including local My Favorite Teacher award ceremonies (www.bn.com/myfavoriteteacher), educational toys and games for interactive learning, and new and award-winning children’s books. Many stores will also host bookfairs and events with local authors and featured speakers on trending topics in education. Educators should contact their local store to find out what activities will be taking place at www.bn.com/storelocator.
The special discounts offered during Educator Appreciation Days are available to pre-K to grade 12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card Program. To take advantage of these offers, educators can apply for their Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card in their local stores. The application form is available in stores, or educators can visit www.bn.com/educator and click on Educator FAQs for more information.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/educator. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts. See any bookseller for details.
** The offer is not valid on NOOK GlowLight Plus™, NOOK Books®, or other digital content and accessories for digital devices.
|About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 640 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.